The University of Iceland is a progressive educational and scientific institution, renowned in the global scientific community for its research. It is a state university, situated in the heart of Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland. We want a degree from the University of Iceland to carry a definitive mark of quality that can be relied upon throughout the world. This goal will be the strength of the University's students in the future.
The University of Iceland also holds a leading role in sustainable energy and environmental research. The University of Iceland has set itself the long-term goal of being ranked among the 100 best universities in the world and to employ internationally recognised quality standards in all appraisement of its work.
Key words: #education #research #university #collaboration #cooperation
A modern, diversified, and rapidly developing institution, the University of Iceland offers opportunities for study and research in over 400 programmes spanning most fields of science and scholarship:
Some of the resources available at the University are uniquely Icelandic. These include the manuscripts preserved in the Árni Magnússon Institute, Icelandic census records dating from 1703, exceptionally complete genealogical data, and climatological, glaciological, seismic, and geothermal records.
- For more promotional material, facts and figures follow this link.
Main research and projects regarding Arctic
Further information on the works and projects of the Centre for Arctic Policy Studies on the web.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Centre
- Engineering Research Institute
- Institute for Sustainable Development
- Institute of Biology
- The Institute of Earth Sciences
- Institute of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Mývatn Research Station
- Nordic Volcanological Centre
- Science Institute - University of Iceland
Selected research institutions and research centres:
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre at Snæfellsnes
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in the West Fjords
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in North West Iceland
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in Húsavík
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in Hornafjörður
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in South Iceland
- The University of Iceland's Research Centre in Suðurnes
- On the University‘s web-site you can find information regarding study programs, schools and faculties, services and facilities. Also you can find infromation about research institutions and centres, international and domestic collaboration and sciense commitees.
The University of Iceland in social media