The Center for Human GeoEnvironmental Studies (CHNGES) is a Center of Excellence within the Western Kentucky University Applied Research and Technology Program. It housed in the WKU Dept of Geography and Geology. CHNGES is an interdisciplinary Center founded in the environmental geosciences at its academic home of Western Kentucky University.
The Center’s connects climate, sustainability, water, and human-environmental interactions through integrating research, outreach, education, and communication.
Key words: #interdisciplinary #geoscience #climate #sustainability #environmental #research #education
The Center seeks to bridge disciplines and gaps in socioenvironmental research, provide student engagement opportunities, and increase public understanding and stakeholder awareness. There are multiple labs hosted by the center including the HydroAnalytical commercial water analysis lab and EnviroLOS environmental education studio, aimed at providing student training and professional services to the community, industry, and its partners. National and international research and outreach is applied to promote positive changes in behavior and understanding of socioenvironmental challenges.
The Center’s mission is to establish itself as a leader in applied research and student engagement at the national and international levels through new and innovative approaches to addressing human-geoenvironmental challenges.
Main Arctic Projects
- Glacier Dynamics and Climate Change
- North Atlantic Climate Change Collaboration (NAC3)
- Innovative Environmental Communication
- All CHNGES’ partnerships you can find here
- The CHNGES website includes a brief overview about the Center, the names and bios of the CHNGEmakers, and some news about the happenings and projects of the Center. There is also a contact page if you wish to learn more about CHNGES or have a question.
CHNGES in social media